NGC7635 also commonly known as the Bubble Nebula is an H II rich emission nebula in Cassiopeia. The bubble is formed by the extremely fast stellar wind of ionized star coming from a massive star. This is the brightest star inside the nebula on the right.
The Bubble Nebula was first discovered by William Herschel in 1787.
I had to use an Optolong L-eNhance 2" filter due to the moon being at 97% and my setup being under Bortle 6/7 skies.Processing Info
I stacked the 18 light frames along with 40 dark and 50 flat frames in PixInsight
The following processes were performed in PixInsight:
- Dynamic Crop
- Automatic Background Extraction
- Background Neutralization
- Photometric Color Calibration
- MultiScale Linear Transform
- Histogram Transformation
- Curves Transformation
- HDR Multiscale Transformation
Once I found what I liked, I saved the files and went to Photoshop and ran Topaz AI DeNoise. This is an amazing plugin that works like magic.
If anyone is curious here are the full res versions of the images.
Here you can see the area of the sky in Cassiopeia imaged.
- Telescope: Explore Scientific ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet Apochromatic Refractor
- Camera: ASI071MC Pro
- Guide Scope: Orion ST80
- Guide Camera: ASI290MM Mini. Dithering every image at 1 pixel each time.
- Mount: iOptron CEM60
- Software: NINA for image acquisition. PixInsight used for stacking and editing. Imported to Photoshop for final touchup and watermarking.
- Other Accessories: AstroZap Dew Heater, Explore Scientific 2" Field Flattener, ZWO EAF Motorized Focuser, Pegasus Astro Power Box Advance
- Filters: Optolong L-eNhance 2"
- Exposure Time: 1 hours 30 minutes (18 X 300 seconds). Gain 90, 0°C bin 1x1
- Exposure Start: 23:09
- Date: July 06, 2020
- Location: Raritan, NJ, United States
- Temperature: 74°F/23.3°C
- Bortle Dark-Sky Scale: 6
- Astrometry.net job: 3801185
- Avg. Moon age: 16.11 Days
- Avg. Moon phase: 97.98%
- RA center: 23h 20' 45"
- DEC center: +61° 11' 2"
- Orientation: 271.287 degrees
- Field radius: 0.650 degrees
- Magnitude: 10
- Resolution: 3720 x 2330